Wednesday, May 13, 2009

OMG, I'M 50!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well folks, I turned 50 on Monday. I know, it's just a number. So I keep hearing. My body tells me otherwise.
It wasn't at all what I thought it would be, but then I guess it really is another day on the calendar.
My dream was to be in Tuscany at cooking school by 50, but as I now know dreams don't really come true. That's why they are called dreams, and I'm still really 50 and not 49.

TODAY'S TIP:

This one is one of my very favorite Green Tips.
I'm sure you've all seen the Shamwow commercial and thought is this rag for real? Well, let me tell you. I purchased this probably about 10 years ago at a presentation in the middle of K-Mart, so of course I had to buy it. I cut it into probably 10x10 pcs. and kept using and using over and over. I just recently ran out of those pieces after all these years and began to panic, as I did not want to spend what everyone is charging these days for this miracle cloth versus what I paid at K-Mart when no one really knew how good it was.

Low and behold, who began to carry it a couple of months ago? My favorite store of course, COSTCO.
So of course I ran out after seeing it in the Costco Connection, but when I got to the store and saw that it was 28.00 I almost died. Months ago I would have thought nothing of it, but when you are no longer working it's a little more than you want to spend.
Then I realized you get 8 of the original orange one which are 20x24 and 8 of the smaller blue ones which are 15x15 which are more for your counters, sinks etc. and leaves no streaks.
Well now 28.oo plus tax doesn't seem so much anymore, because I forgot to mention a friend of mine got 2 of the large ones for 19.99 elsewhere.
If you also feel the price is a little steep, purchase the set with a friend or even 2 friends, there's allot in there, of which by cutting the large orange ones alone into 4's you will have 32 pieces of about 10 x 12. And believe me when I tell you, they last for ever.
If you don't have a Costco membership, I'm sure you know someone who does.
Now you're wondering how is this a GREEN TIP? I forgot to mention, I haven't bought paper towels in months. I use to buy the large Kirkland pack every few months.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete