Monday, May 18, 2009

FEELING HELPLESS

5/18/09


Being out of work sucks for everyone all the way around.
I mentioned a while back about how men define their selves by their jobs etc, and I'm sure lots of women do also in higher positions. ( I don't want to leave anyone out).

However, after the shock wore off about not having a job, the next thing I thought about that day while sitting in my driveway crying and looking at my business work attire. Oh my God, I won't be able to give away my clothes to charity anymore, or to friends in need!!!

Why bring this up now? Well the other that effected me this weekend was the US post office collection for food for the needy that is done every year. You know, they leave a card in the mail with a date for pick up and you leave it at your mail box. I have donated at least 2 full bags of food every year for almost 20 years and this year nothing. Yes, nothing. I FEEL SO HELPLESS. Because I guess that was one of my purposes, to be able to give.

TODAY'S TIPS:

On 5/30/09 Wal-Mart is offering 1 free scoop of ice cream to all visitors. Enjoy.

With graduations upon us and more birthdays, or whatever the occasion, instead of purchasing name tags for your gifts. Thanks to our array of digital pics. Make a list of all the ones that are coming up, choose their pictures, especially the embarrasing ones. (shrinking them of course to the size of gifts tags) then print as many as you can fit on 8 1/2 x 11 paper, (remember this is to save paper) cut them and either attach to that person's gift with tape, or punch a whole in the tag and insert a pretty ribbon and you have much cuter more personalized tag.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment