Monday, May 11, 2009

HOW DO YOU DEAL?

Three years ago I lost my baby sister to cancer at the age of 31. However, because she had been living in Georgia for almost 11 years and didn't see her but maybe once a year, I've always felt like she wasn't really gone, and I really still don't.

My mother suddenly passed last year on her 66th birthday. I've always had trouble dealing with death from the time I was a little girl. I remember being about 7 and running to my mom one day crying telling her mom we are going to die. Do not know where it came from, but I remember it like it was yesterday. She couldn't understand where this came from and neither could I, but I know I was scared to death. No pun intended.

Well, this year obviously it was the first Mother's Day without mom, and even tho she's gone, I still don't feel like she's dead. I know I'm in denial, and I know I will be for a while. Why? Why is it so hard to let go, why can't I just accept it? How long will I still believe that my sister's in Georgia, and my mom still lives in her home? How do you deal?

TIPS OF THE DAY:

Did you know that you can heal a bruise with white vinegar? Soak a cotton ball in vinegar and apply to the bruise for about an hour. It will also reduce the purple/blue coloring.

Soar throat remedy- fill a shot glass with honey and warm in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Then add 1/4 tsp of cinnamon to it, stir and drink. Do this about 3 times a day and you should feel the difference in about 2-3 days.

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment