Monday, April 27, 2009

"Now What"

4/27

Is he the cutest? Little Zeus thinks he's a person, and if you don't pay attention to him, this is what he does to make sure you do.

My three dogs are the only things that make me smile these days, and my grand children when I get to see them.

With so many of us out of work, am I the only one who isn't sure what my place in life is now? I know men identify themselves through their work, positions, titles etc.

Not saying that women do not. God Bless all the professional women out there and hurrah to them. However, that wasn't quite me, I worked out of necessity, and worked and worked like everyone else since I was 14.

Don't get me wrong I loved my last job for the last 17 years or so. Then it became worst than death.

I still know that my place is to be a wife to my husband, a mother and grandmother, but no longer someone else's slave. At almost 50 I want to do more, I want to leave a small mark, I want to be my own boss, I am willing to work the long hours I always have for someone else so it's not new to me. But for me, not for the man.

It's not because I'm almost 50, and we all feel mortality is near, it's just that after working for so many years, and no longer having that schedule you begin to think "now what"?

Today's tips:
I always love fresh flowers in the house, however those days are gone, and my garden isn't quite yet in full bloom for cutting. So while cleaning up the yard this weekend I found some really good branches that fell off the trees due to the storm, I placed them in a vase with a good silk flower and voila!

However, if you are having company and can afford a mixed bouquet. Get out your mason jars, your single flower vases, pretty empty oil bottles that are sitting in your pantry, baby food jars and make small arrangements on the table and in the bathroom or throughout the house.

Costco has beautiful mixed arrangements for 14.99, or you all know 24 roses for 12.99. I usually break these up and put them all over in small quantities.

By the way, I don't get paid to mention Costco, but you will notice I will mention it alot. I have shopped there since it opened 7 years ago and have never looked back. Some of my best tips will be from my Costco shopping experiences.

Until we speak again.

No comments:

Post a Comment